Cell and Molecular Biology Services
SBH Sciences offers comprehensive molecular biology services, including:
Isolation of DNA and RNA
- Extraction and purification of RNA and genomic DNA from cultured cells and a variety of tissues
- Assessment of concentration and purity by Nanodrop spectrophotometry and gel electrophoresis
Real-Time PCR: qPCR, RT-qPCR, dPCR
- Multiple platforms, including the Applied Biosystems StepOnePlusTM, QuantStudioTM 6 Pro, and QuantStudioTM Absolute Q Digital PCR System.
- Gene expression analysis using TaqMan and SYBR Green detection chemistries.
- RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, primer design and validation, assay optimization
- Analysis of target gene expression using DDCt methodology
- Assays for gene therapy applications
- vector copy number, biodistribution, AAV titer
- Transfection of mammalian cell lines with plasmid DNA, mRNA, or siRNA.
- Optimization of cell growth and transfection conditions
- Analysis of gene expression/knockdown by multiple methods, including fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, ELISA, Western blot, and qPCR
- Stable knockdown of target gene expression via transduction of lentiviral shRNA.
- Puromycin titration to establish a kill curve for new cell lines
- Design and cloning of shRNA oligos containing the target sequence(s)
- Lentivirus production and transduction of cells at optimal MOI
- Selection of puromycin-resistant populations and confirmation of knockdown by qPCR or Western blot.
Molecular Diagnostic Assays
- Development and application of PCR-based assays for infectious diseases.
- RT-qPCR, dPCR or isothermal amplification (LAMP)-based assays
- Optimization of sample preparation
- Primer design and validation
- Sample testing.
Please contact us with your specific needs or any questions related to Cell and Molecular Biology services. We would be delighted to work with you.
Our expertise is your competitive edge!